As a writer and editor at Health.com, one of my key duties was to create (and/or curate), edit, produce, and syndicate content to support sponsored packages and microsites. The topics ranged from chronic diseases (psoriasis, asthma, arthritis) to healthy eating and fitness, and the sponsors included some of the leading pharma and CPG companies, such as AstraZeneca, Novartis, Lilly, Procter & Gamble, Takeda, and Pfizer.
In 2009 I was responsible for creating content for PsoriasisCircle.com, a microsite sponsored by Amgen (makers of the injectable psoriasis drug Enbrel) that was eventually migrated into a new package on Health.com known as Psoriasis Insights.
I wrote, edited, and/or fact-checked every piece of content that appeared on the microsite, including the following articles:
- Your Guide to Biologics
- Understanding the Risks of Immunosuppressive Drugs
- Are You Priced Out of Psoriasis Treatment?
- A Guide to Using Light Therapy for Psoriasis
- Injecting Yourself 101
- A Guide to Oral Medications
- It Took Months—and All of My Patience—to Get My Psoriasis Diagnosed
A few other examples of content created for sponsored packages:
Asthma & Allergies
- The Cholesterol-Inflammation Connection
- What to Do When Heart Disease Hurts Your Sex Life
- Loneliness Hurts the Heart
- Cholesterol-Lowering Supplements: What Works, What Doesn’t