Digital media professional with 10-plus years of experience across print, web, and multi-platform brands. Wide-ranging editorial background fused with an affinity for product design, user experience, and brand development. Experienced project manager and clear communicator adept at leading and working on cross-functional teams.
Upwave is a start-up multi-platform health and wellness brand launched by Turner Broadcasting in the fall of 2013.
- Content » Oversee day-to-day editorial workflow and content creation. Designed, co-created, and wrote the Upwave editorial calendar. Adapted elements of agile methodology to editorial planning and workflow.
- Product » Work with the upwave development team to define requirements and user experience for new products and features, including CMS enhancements. Write user stories and create detailed mock-ups to guide developers.
- Brand Development » Collaborate with upwave’s marketing team on brand development efforts. Create and/or curate supporting content for sponsorships, digital video series, social media promotions, and Turner Sports events (e.g., March Madness, NBA and MLB playoffs).
- TV » Managed the online presence for the three Upwave television shows (Cook Your Ass Off, The Tim Ferriss Experiment, and The Dose), which premiered on the HLN network in December 2013. Programmed show pages, worked closely with the Upwave production team to prepare digital video extensions, and oversaw the creation of supporting content.
- Product Design » Represented content/editorial on Health.com’s cross-functional agile development team. Conceived, designed, and helped implement the Fitness Finder, a new content-discovery tool.
- Editorial » Conceived and edited all types of web content, optimizing for syndication, newsletters, and/or search as needed. Led news coverage of clinical trials and other health and medical research. Developed content for packages and microsites sponsored by leading pharmaceutical and CPG companies. Managed a team of freelance writers.
- Strategic Partnerships » Managed all content partnerships with external websites and portals, including CNN, Yahoo!, MSN, Comcast, ABC News, and the Huffington Post. Increased syndication referrals by 50% year over year and generated more than 10 million referrals in both 2011 and 2012.
- Analytics » Monitored traffic daily to identify trends in syndication and search referrals. Analyzed and summarized data for editor-in-chief and senior managers to guide site-wide editorial strategy.
- Web Production » Oversaw the online production of Health magazine, and streamlined the process by initiating and leading a project to import XML files directly into the CMS.
Wrote a book-length report on Supplemental Educational Services (SES), a tutoring program under the No Child Left Behind Act, for the Program in Education, Afterschool & Resiliency (PEAR) at McLean Hospital. Conducted in-depth research and reporting in five urban school districts.
Wrote regular feature-length articles for a quarterly magazine focused on local politics in Massachusetts. Added to the masthead as a Contributing Writer in 2006.
Fact-checked feature articles and various departments for a national magazine based in New York City.
Fact-checked articles, assisted with research, and wrote front-of-book pieces.